Manufactured in the UK by Devon Disability Collective, this pleated double layered surgical style barrier face mask, is a high quality mask with adjustable metal nose piece, 100% cotton, environmentally friendly, designed to be washable / reusable.
- Utilises the AFNOR pattern for shape as recommended by BSI
- Metal nose pinch for secure fit around nose
- Adjustable elastic
- Comfortable soft fabric
- Reusable and machine washable up to 40 degrees
- Incorporated ties to allow secure fastening or elastic around the ears
The barrier face mask is intended to compliment protective measures and social distancing rules. It is intended for the general public and in particular any healthy asymptomatic individual.
The barrier face mask does not exonerate the user from routine application of the protective measures and social distancing rules.
This product is not intended to be used by health workers in contact with patients, specifically regulation EU/2017/745 and EU/2016/425.
WHO recommends replacement of masks as soon as they become damp/humid. Use of the barrier mask is envisaged for general use.
Whilst every care has been taken in manufacturing this mask, we cannot guarantee suitability or reliability in blocking viruses, explicitly Coronavirus Covid 19.
WHO – When and how to wear Face masks?
- Before putting on a mask, clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of mask); clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Masks are effective only when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance: How to wear a mask