DDC welcomes applications from people with disabilities and is committed to providing reasonable adjustments to ensure interviews and jobs are fully accessible.
To support the day-to-day sales & administration duties of production and retail activities at DDC. This is a customer facing role, in person, over the phone and through electronic communication. Customer service skills and a passion for delivering a great service will be essential for success in this role.
The post is remunerated at a rate of £8.72 per hour (National minimum wage), based on 20 hours per week. We are open Monday – Saturday and in this role you’ll need to be able to work weekends on a rota basis, as well being available to support events outside of usual business hours.
Annual Leave is at 28 days per year plus Bank holidays.
Sick pay is at statutory level.
What will I be doing? – Main duties
- First contact with customers to the site & over the phone
- Demonstrate DDC’s full range of mobility equipment. This will require continuous learning and development through in-house training and with external providers. You will be required to assemble and disassemble products to demonstrate their function and portability as required.
- Perform regular stock checks, ensuring we have sufficient stocks to meet customer demand. The role will require regular re-ordering of products, unboxing, assembly and arrangement of products within the showroom.
- Support all admin functions throughout the business, using Microsoft office and cloud-based applications such as Xero, Capsule & Trello.
- Liaise with production on orders, order frequency, status of supplier orders, customer requirements and all other aspects requiring accurate and regular communication.
- Liaise with suppliers, couriers and delivery intermediaries on DDC orders as required.
- Support the marketing function through attending events as required.
- Carry out home assessments for product sales, requiring the transport and demonstration of products off site.
- Delivery of DDC products as required.
- Collection of customers furniture & equipment as required.
- The post holder may be required to carry out other duties commensurate with the post as required.
Person Specification – who are we looking for?
- You are a dynamic, motivated, and positive individual.
- You are client-driven and have the ability to deliver high standards of customer service.
- You are results-oriented and eager to learn.
- You actively seek to understand, influence, and encourage others, fostering a climate of trust, team spirit and cooperation within the team.
- You have a good sense of humour and are not afraid to use it.
- You have an eye for detail.
- You possess strong organizational skills and have the capability of managing time effectively.
- You are highly dependable and adapt quickly to change.
- You have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
- You have the ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively.
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, environment.
Experience & Qualifications
- Notable experience in a customer facing / admin intensive role essential.
- Full Driving Licence essential.
- Working knowledge of accounting software desirable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to deal effectively with people at all levels, essential.
To apply, please email a cover letter along with your CV to Luke@devondisabilitycollective.org