Full Job Description
Industrial Sewing Machinist
To support the day-to-day production activities at DDC.
The post is remunerated at £19,471 pa based on 37 hours per week, 8am-4pm Monday – Thursday, and 8am-3.30pm on Friday
Annual Leave is at 30 days per year plus Bank holidays.
Sick pay is at statutory level initially, moving to the company sick pay scheme after one year of employment.
- Use of heavy industrial & light flat bed sewing machines
- Working on various products using a range of fabrics, delicate up to heavy industrial such as Vinyl, Leather, Cotton, Nylon, Dartex, Terry Towelling, Sheepskin & Woolpile and Cordura.
- Be comfortable with project work, taking on a job from start to finish, unpicking, pattern making, & ideally upholstering.
- Working accurately to customer requirements with good attention to detail
- Ensure communication is open & frequent between all departments involved with the work assigned to you.
- Ensure quality standards are met, within acceptable output levels required
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
- Domestic & Commercial re-upholstery of furniture using leather, vinyl & fabric
- Auto-trimming re-upholstery of classic cars, recreational vehicles, motorbikes
Person Specification – who are we looking for?
You are a dynamic, motivated, and positive individual.
You are client-driven and have the ability to deliver high standards of customer service.
You are results-oriented and eager to learn.
You actively seek to understand, influence, and encourage others, fostering a climate of trust, team spirit and cooperation within the team.
You have a good sense of humour and are not afraid to use it.
You have an eye for detail.
You possess strong organizational skills and have the capability of managing time effectively.
You are highly dependable and adapt quickly to change.
You have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships.
You have the ability to work independently as well as work collaboratively.
You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus scheme
- Additional leave
- Employee discount
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Industrial Sewing: 2 years (required)
Call: 01392 428585 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions