Yesterday we welcomed the Independent Living Centre to our Mobility Showroom and number of NHS professionals – it was a great training session on #PressureUlcerPrevention and the importance of maintaining a good seating position.
Please check out the video link below for further information about this fantastic local service which is completely free of charge. The occupational therapists based at the Independent Living Centre in Newton Abbot are incredibly friendly, and provide expert advice and guidance across a vast array of products to help people to stay living at home – it truly is an invaluable service.
Book an assessment
Appointments can be booked from Monday to Friday. To book an assessment at the centre phone 01392 380181or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At the assessment we will:
- Assess your needs and demonstrate equipment displayed in realistic settings, including a bedroom, kitchen and bathroom
- Help to identify the right equipment for you.
- Give you details of suppliers and how much the items should cost or advise if this equipment is available through statutory services.
- Give you useful information to consider before buying.
- Signpost you to other services if needed.
We offer drop-in sessions on Wednesdays between 10am and 3pm. Anyone can drop in to look at equipment and get advice from an occupational therapist. These sessions are popular so you may have to wait for a member of staff to be available to show you around.
If you need to try equipment and have an assessment, it’s better to book an appointment by phoning 01392 380181 or emailing email@example.com
If you can’t get to Newton Abbot we can arrange an outreach appointment with our occupational therapist at a mobility showroom closer to you. Phone 01392 380181 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to see if this would be suitable.